Fan Cluch Thingy on '07 V8

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavin Allan

Reaction score
I was changing my oil last week and happened to look up at the fan from underneath. What's that electrical thingy on the fan clutch that has a wiring harness running to a connector?

I can't wait until the little bearing siezes up and it rips my wiring harness all the shreds!

Take a look at it-- it is an amazing little thing!

I believe it is an electronically controlled clutch, it locks the fan to the pulley when the AC is on...

Todd Z

Hmmmmm, I haven't looked at mine yet but I wonder if the fan clutch is now electronicly controlled like the A/C compressor clutch? That would explain why the motor "Roars" when the fan clutch engages (or at least that's what I think is causing the roaring sound). If the fan clutch is electronicly controlled, that would eliminate any slippage and explain why the fan is so loud when it engages.......any other thoughts?:unsure:

Edit: sounds like Todd and I were thinking alike, but i'm not sure it only happens when the A/C is on.

Last edited by a moderator: