Fan Clutch

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BiggMike

Reaction score
hard to describe the noise but it sounds like its spinning to fast. It doesn’t do it all the time. Mostly from start to 3rd gear. I’ve had the clutch replaced. New thermostat housing. All fluids are fine. What am I missing or is this normal?

Open the radiator when the truck is cold and make sure that the level is fine first. Not the bottle. There is a transmission issue that’s known that causes the fan to run if it’s telling the computer it’s too hot.
Check the sensor on the housing maybe it’s not reading right, or the t stat is failing. or scan the computer for temperatures while the truck is running.
Also if it’s warm out it’s gonna do it to cool the engine. You could also see if it goes away in the colder weather.

When I had my A/C system replaced they replaced my fan clutch with an aftermarket clutch and it always made the same noise as if I needed to shift up. So I spent the extra money and bought Motorcraft and it had been quiet every since.

Latest posts