Fast Trac?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Howard

Reaction score
Just returned from a trip to Florida and when looking at my Garmin Nuvi trip stats I noticed the maximum speed on the trip was 103 MPH. I have no idea of the accuracy of the statistics on the GPS. If it is true, it probably took place in downtown Atlanta during rush hours. I missed the bypass exit because of a large truck and had to drive through Atlanta downtown on Rt. 75. The Trac was driven with the pedal to the metal several times and still I felt like I was in the way. I really donot think my truck will go 103.

Did you ever look at the speedo on the truck while you were driving that fast ???

The ST can go that fast....

Todd Z

The fastest I saw on the speedometor was in the high eighties. I have driven through Atlanta several times and have never seen anything like the traffic was last week. My wife was throwing a fit on me for driving so fast, she didn't understand that I had no choice.

Whether or nor you did it is your guess.

However, Garmins, when they lose satellite, occasionally will give an inflated speed once they reconnect. For example, when I go through one tunnel in the Pocono Mountains, once it reconnects, I "zip" to my current location at over 100 mph.

However, Garmins, when they lose satellite, occasionally will give an inflated speed once they reconnect.

True, also non-certified speedometers get inaccurate once you're over 80 to 85 or so.

that was one of the first things i did was to change the chip in the puter, yeah mine at first wouldn't go over 90, sad, very sad, with the new chip i haven't found the end yet, no room so far to do it. but i can now do burn outs for a few ft. who ever says a six can't do it, don't know how! i had a garmin and had the same type of responses like i was going fast, but have sinse bought a Vcommand by vcom, it has no screen to worry about and talks to you, and can interpet commands like "i am lost" a little spendy but heck why not. mike