Faulty explorer tranny's..

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Typical courts. This is one of the reasons why cars cost so much. And of coasre it makes news cause Ford is the only non gov't American auto company free enterprise still left.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not the first time, something like this has happened. Ford had this problem in the early '80's. My old man worked for Ford and all but 2 of my vehicles have been Ford's. What ever happened to "At Ford, Quality is job 1"? :unsure:

Big Al,

I'm failing to see your point. When it comes to safety, many companies calculate the likely risks of a possible defect, and that risk includes the likely rate of incident in the field, the probability of an injury or death, and the potential costs in the form of lawsuits from such injury and deaths. When the company factors all that, they decide if it is just "cheaper" to not fix a problem, even if it means the unlikely event that a few people get hurt or killed.

So, when an isolated case like this happens, don't kid yourself and think that the company didn't know of the potential issue. It's likely they did and chose to do nothing.

Companies should have to pay and pay big when that happens (IMHO). By being forced to pay big like this companies will think twice about letting the "1 in 100,000" type problems from sliding.

TJR