Finally did it, xcal tune

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddieS'04

In Memoriam 1950-2022
Reaction score
Been sitting on my xcal3 for a couple of months. Was waiting until the tank was almost empty. Wanted to try 93 performance first. Trips during the holidays kept me refilling with 87. Today I filled with 20 gallons of 93.

I can say there is a wow factor. I thought that my shifts were solid from the factory. I trained the computer from day one 4yrs ago to run and shift my way. The shifts now are very solid as if I put a shift kit in the trans. Off throttle is definitly sharper response. Seems to pull harder all thru the power band. Running Torries tunes.

Does anyone know if the WOT RPM shift points are user adjusable? It is shifting at 5300 rpm. I want to move that to 5600 rpm. 5600 to 5700 rpm is where it used to shift. I know my motor well enough that it meets its peak HP pull in that area, in each gear. Going by my old gearhead know how. I can feel and hear it. Didnt have dyno's when I grew up,LOL.

So far Im pleased, dont know why I put it off for so long.:D

Edited my rpm boo-boo.LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
What took you sooooo long? I've been running the XCal 2 for over 3 yrs. now, and love it. :banana:

Your XCal 3 should have come with a USB cable to plug into a laptop. Go to the link below and click on Add-On Software & Utilities:

To downoad the lastest add-on software such as SCT's Live Link Datalogging software, click on the Get Add-On's button below.

Once you have installed the Datalogging software you can plug the XCal into the OBDII post, and then plug one end of the USB cable into the XCal and the other end into the laptop. Fire up the Datalogging software and take a drive. Then send the results to Torrie. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
lol its awesome what torrie can do..

he sent me a tune for racing and gained bout half a second in the 1/8 with what i got on so far

COOL...... all the mods and tuning makes the world of a difference.. !!!

I believe the shifts are adjustable by MPH not RPM by the user..... IF you want the RPM shift modified, I believe Torry has to do that....

Shoot him an email...

Todd Z

Opps, Jerry your right 5300 rpm and 5600 rpm, duh.

I was in a hurry to get out the door when I posted that. LOL

Jerry, Going to have some fun with it tommorow. Set it up and made a short test drive before church tonight.

Jerry, doing as well as I can right now. Our lawyers are trying to wring out the particulars in this divorce...

Right on Fast Eddie :cool:

Torrie provides top notch customer service and his tunes are nothing less than miracles IMO...

Try having him tweak a tune for you, he'll be able to extract the most HP and torque, and he'll adjust the shift points to your liking. You won't be disappointed. Torrie sent me the same racing tune that reaper's running.....oh yeah :banana: