firestone destination a/t tires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would hope members here would be more helpful. I had the original Firestones and they did just fine plus I got free tires from Ford when they wore out.

Ray, try the tirerack site...they have user reviews. That model looks pretty good.

I have the Firestone Destination LE's on my 01 ST.. Also put them on my wife's Escape.. My boss at work has them on his Toyota 4 runner.. I never liked the ride of my Trac after removing the Firestone wilderness tires.. I think the Firestone Destination tires are great..

Hve 5K on the ones on my wife's escape,, about the same on my ST. I like them better than the Michelin LTX i had on my ST before..

troy

I think members here are being more helpful. We are telling you that they suck. Don't buy them! Firestone has proven that they care more about profit than building a safe tire.

If you want affirmation of what you already believe, try www.affirmation.com!

So, not to change the subject (well, maybe), but is anyone running the Yokohama G051 series on their ST? I have a new set in my garage right now which will be mounted as soon as I get time.

The Firestone tires recalled back about 5 years ago were the Wilderness A/T's. I don't know anything about the Destination A/T. but I assume it is not the same tire/

...Rich

eledhel...I have seen nothing but good reviews on the Yok/G051 tire. I plan on buying them myself. I have ran various yokahama tires on other vehicles for years..they never let me down..good qaulity for the price...I rate their qaulity up there with the big boy tire companys, that charge too much...

Let us know how they do after a few miles...

Fast Eddie - Great. I picked them up cheap on Ebay from a guy who had bought them from TireRack last year, but sold his F-150 before putting them on. I'll have to make the appointment to get the front aligned and the tires mounted - hopefully before we get too much snow because the Wrangler RT/S are like skis.

Next stop, shock shopping...:)

Just take your time and research tires. Firestones are good tires. They, with a bunch of others are made in Japan. Some tires are more inexpensive than others because of the compounds used in them. Personally, I think they are good but fall very short of my needs.

To the A-hole saying I should'nt ask about Firestone tires blow me! What is a forum for? When I want your opinion I'll give it to you beoch!

Latest posts