First performance to help in towing

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We recently purchased a used travel trailer and tow it with the ST (also recently purchased and I am very pleased with the truck). Question I have is, what should be the first mods I do to help the ST out with the towing. I've already gotten the hitch, weight distribution system, sway bar, and 7 point plug. The trailer weighs just under the 5000lb limit. BTW, my ST is an 02 4X4 (currently stock). The ST tows it well, but I would like to try and get a few more HP. On the interstate, I can run about 57 MPH and the O/D not kick in an out (on flat ground). I live in Louisiana and have towed it twice to Gulf Shores, AL.

I was thinking the Zabteck Throttle body and CAI.

One other question, does anyone have the info on installing a transmission temp sensor and gauge?

Thanks,

Jesse

You can see pics of the ST and the TT in my library.

The Zabteck TB and CAI would be good. For towing, the best performance enhancers would be a better exhaust and an XCal2 tuner.

Jesse, I tow the max, a backhoe and a 25ft RV. I have the Roadmaster Active Susp. , RSX shocks, EE sway bar, Zabteck throttle body, Mac intake and SCT tuner. I recently changed the diff. cover and tranny pan to larger fluid capacities for better cooling. Intake, TB, and a tuner would be your best bet, then the covers.

Gary D.

Latest posts