First Roadie in the ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teddy GreeneII

Reaction score
Just got home from a weekend to palm springs with my wife(11 years...first date) The St was awesome. maybe cause I'd been driving a beater for the last 3 years while I was saving for my st but it was so nice! it did great, the temp gauge didnt budge even when we got half way there (about a 2 1/2 hr drive from diego) it started heatin up. by the time we got in it was 3 in the afternoon and 109 degrees!!!!!!! it ran like a champ even with the AC maxed out the whole time, temp gauge still didnt raise at all which really suprised me. the ac was a little over loaded when we started up during the day and took a while to get cool which I imagine is fairly normal. It couldnt quite get "cold" in that but at night when it dropped way down to 99 (no im not joking) it was fine. anyway other than that it was great, need the shocks and sway soon, saw a explorer almost stack big time out on the US 10 when she got cut off which was very scary to watch and sent me into a 20 min. pitch to my wife about the x-pec! anyway, just wanted to share a great experience, so glad during the last 3 years I stuck with my plan and didn't settle for something less than what I really wanted and worked for. by the way, my new wheels, jba headers, shocks and all the other stuff I want is in hock right now, I need 6k, anyone? JK, (I know, very uncool, sorry Bill but that kills me:lol:)

I love road trips in the trac. Great room, good gas mileage, good power for passing. Love the trunk (bed).

Tom

Not sure about you saying good gas milage heh.. 31mpg on the highway (is what I get) is not as good as my old civic 46mpg or my old saturns 41mpg. I do like it tho. The room and power is great. It does not even feel like your going 95:D

I agree, Ted. (I don't believe it either)

Low to mid 20's is typical highway mileage for the ST. I'm sure he gets 31mpg driving 95mph. (or is that kph?) . . . ;)

Latest posts