First round of Mustang mods done... UPDATED/ Road test!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerry Matthews

Reaction score
OK, now the headers are installed. The suspension kit is installed. The new chrome 'Bullitt' wheels are on... Pictures don't do the chrome ones justice. They're a LOT shinier than the polished aluminum ones...

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Next week, the shifter & stabilizer brace go in... And the new mufflers and X pipe. Done? I hope so! It's already crazy fast now... I'm not gonna have a license for long, I fear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone...

Man, after driving trucks for 20 some years since owning my last 'race car', a '65 Chevelle Malibu, all I can say is "WOW!" This car is fun! I think I bought myself an amusement park ride!! It's not that the Mustang is way faster now than when it was stock, but the handling package is what makes the big difference. It's fantastic! I just returned home from a QUICK round trip on the road that I built this car to run on... Highway 50 between Sacramento and South Lake Tahoe. It was a Friday night, and as expected, the traffic heading up to Tahoe was heavy. Not a big deal, I needed to find out how much 'debris' (sand & dirt) was on the road, and to get an idea of how the Stang would handle on this wonderful, curvy road at a 'reasonable' speed. The 100 mile trip one way usually takes an hour and 40 minutes going up, and an hour 35 coming down. Tonight, leaving my Tahoe house at 1:40am, and with NO TRAFFIC, I arrived at my Sacramento house an hour and 17 minutes later! And it took me that long because I had to slow down every time I encountered any traffic, for fear that they might be police! :D

(100 mph tickets are EXPENSIVE!) But I was laughing during part of the drive up, and almost all of the drive home, as the car was THAT much fun to drive!

Anyway, I did drive my Sport Trac to work today... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, it's NEVER done ... my '95 Z-28 turned me into a gear-head, and the Trac has seens its share of mods !! A Mustang ... kep goin', man !! There's a ton of things left to do to it :D