fix cluster gauges after removing needles

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I Removed the OE instrument panel gauges on my 2001 S/T . So i could install led and to scrape off the green glow paint ,in the process i had to remove the needles i tried not moving the needles when i pulled them off each gauges( not so much).

My question is there resistance measurements our voltage readings i can set them too get them back were they belong . Our do i do the obvious pull the lower cover and remove the cluster bezel to get to the screws for the plastic cover on the display and adjust the needles that way .

Thanks for your time.

Does your ST have the digital or analog odometer? If you have the digital one, you can use it to calibrate the needles. The link is for a Focus, but it works for most Fords with a digital odometer.

Thanks for your help Roger. Question does your ford dealer send there broken instrument cluster out for repair and calibration . Do you know were, maybe I could talk to them .

Thx.

Put it back together without the clear cover, plug it in and start the Trac. Once it is at operating temperature, put the needles on where they SHOULD be under normal operating conditions.

Latest posts