Flag pole mounting ideas

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carey Bolin

2 wheel drive
V8 Engine
2002 1st Gen
Reaction score
I am thinking of adding an American flag to my '02 ST and most of my old ideas are gone out the window since the ST doesn't have any of the bed post holes like other trucks. So I was thinking of maybe mounting a flag pole mount to the inside of the bed directly with self tapping screws and using the bed tie downs to help strap the flag pole in place. The mount I am thinking of adding is this one: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Rain-or-Shine-White-Metal-Flag-Pole-Mounting-Bracket/999908259.

If someone has a better idea or an idea that is easier and more sturdy, please let me know.

are you doing for just 4th or more permanet ? if long term you can get a cross bar for roof and there cheap thru amazon and center on top of cab, will be higher but look great driving or sitting if just 4th celebrating then get 4x4 post and lay it in bed and use tailgate to hold firm running length and center of bed and drill hole or use mount.

So far I just have a metal flag pole attached to the mounts at the end of the bed on the inside and tied tight at the top of the bed via the tie down hooks. Granted, it is only held on via zip ties, but I am thinking of something more permanent, or ease of removal for those odd cases.

Update: I went to my local ACE Hardware and picked up two u-shaped pipe holders and fastened them to the inside of my bed by the tailgate on the passenger side with some heavy duty zipties at the top bed tie down point holding the flag pole tighter to the bed. So far I tried it out at 65mph, and no issues. I used some short self tapping screws to hold the u-shaped mounts in place. I figured since the bed is all pressed polycarbonate, and it already had some factory holes, 4 more wouldn't be too bad. I'll have pics up tomorrow.

Last edited:
Here is some pics.

Attachments

• 20210704_154154.jpg
    20210704_154154.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 84
  • 20210704_154201.jpg
    20210704_154201.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 88
simple and it works, those tie downs are so usefull, when i got my trac i was not a fan but 17 years later and after using them a ton i really like the location.

I am thinking of adding an American flag to my '02 ST and most of my old ideas are gone out the window since the ST doesn't have any of the bed post holes like other trucks. So I was thinking of maybe mounting a flag pole mount to the inside of the bed directly with self tapping screws and using the bed tie downs to help strap the flag pole in place. The mount I am thinking of adding is this one: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Rain-or-Shine-White-Metal-Flag-Pole-Mounting-Bracket/999908259.

If someone has a better idea or an idea that is easier and more sturdy, please let me kno

If someone has a better idea or an idea that is easier and more sturdy, please let me know.
try this website Fan Pole. Com they have flag pole mounts that connect to hitch receiver

As my pictures have shown, I decided to stick with my pipe holder and zip tie to the tie down method. The pole doesn't wobble in the slightest and hold up to 70mph without any issues. Now the only downside is finding a flag that can handle the occasional 70mph without unthreading and shredding itself within a few weeks.

Or, you could: Camco Hitch Mount Flagpole Holder, Fits Standard 2-Inch Hitch Receivers, Durable and Rust Resistant (51611)

Latest posts