Flashing Cruise Control..... Again?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 62851

Reaction score
So here we go again.... Back in the day ever so long ago when there was a recall or whatever for the bad cruise control, and when the light would just flash. Well, its baacckk!!! I really don't know why but, any suggestions? I mean, is the cruise control only good for X amount of miles. I had it originally replaced around 25k miles. I am now at almost 115k miles.

The switch seems to fail regardless of the recall or not. Generally, if you keep trying to set it, it will eventually grab. If that is the case, the normal issue is the switch that is mounted on the master cylinder.

It is a pretty cheap item.

I no longer have the Trac, but for TEST PURPOSES ONLY you can jump it (bypass it) and see if it solves the issue.

BUT,,, you will not turn the cruise off when you hit the brakes unless it also picks up a signal from the brake pedal switch, which I do not know if it does or not.

I had the same problem that was solved when I removed the cruise switch on the master cylinder, blew it out lightly and then reinstalled. Worked perfectly after that.

Steve

Latest posts