Flashing O/D Light Off

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My 04 Sport-Trac just went out of warranty 36,400 miles when the O/D Light Off started Flashing. $700.00 later is seems to be working. After a little research on messagde boards for the explorer, this seems to be a common problem that dates back to 1998 to the present. There is an TSB on it so Ford does know they have a problem yet have done nothing to vechicles coming out of the factory to address this problem.

My question is how many people have had this problem? Does anyone know of a Class-action suit agianst Ford over this problem to help us recover some of our funds.

Thank You

I've had the flashing O/D light twice, but it went out on its own both times. I still have the infamous transmission slip between 2nd and 3rd gears and am just waiting (but not hoping) for the light to come back.

If you have the slip between 2nd and 3rd, do yourself a favor and get it fixed. It ain't going away, and will cost more $$$$ the longer you wait.

Can I get a witness?????

My light also went out, but they went ahead and did the TSB any way. I would recommend you get it fix. Long term slippage could result in more damage to your tranny.

Latest posts