• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SportTrac Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Vehicle Wanted Flat Tow Ready Gen 1 or 2

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GHarvey

2005 XLT Adrenaline
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone

I recently bought a Class C RV and really want a Sport Trac as my tow vehicle. I hear the necessary neutral switch is no longer available to convert a factory truck to a flat tow vehicle. So I’m throwing it out there, looking for a Gen 1 or 2 that is ready to flat tow.
Thanks !

Hey everyone

I recently bought a Class C RV and really want a Sport Trac as my tow vehicle. I hear the necessary neutral switch is no longer available to convert a factory truck to a flat tow vehicle. So I’m throwing it out there, looking for a Gen 1 or 2 that is ready to flat tow.
Thanks !
Also, I’m in Northern Ca and willing to travel.

The kit is nothing more than an indicator light and some decals that tell you how to make it shift to neutral. The dealer must reprogram the ECM so that it will shift to neutral. I had one of the kits in my last Explorer (not a sport trac), before you give up check out the IRV2 web site more info there.

Thanks for your reply. Yeah I read an article last night where a guy went to radio shack and bought a simple 2 wire LED for 2 bucks and used that as the “kit”. I think I’ll head to my Ford Dealer and talk to a service advisor about flashing the computer.
I’m starting to feel like a Sport TRac can indeed be flat towed !!

Thanks for the iRV2 info. Awesome site! Joining now.

Ran across this on the FTE site:
1632404274708.png

Price gouging is BS. I get “supply and demand” but where is the etiquette when it comes to discontinued parts? Weak.
The good news is that I can confidently buy a Sport Trac knowing I can flat tow !

Thanks !

Latest posts