fog lights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It can be done, but would be a really stupid idea. Fog lights are designed to cast a low and wide pattern, hoping to illuminate the road at the 1-3 foot level where there's often no fog. Using high beams in fog is the worst possible thing that you can do, for your own safety and that of those around you. Illuminating the fog right in front of you makes the for opaque to oncoming traffic, and it blinds oncoming drivers--lose/lose.

If your intent is to be a rude, obnoxious jerk and only want to blind other motorists, I have a fist with your name on it.

If you are impotent and/or have abnormally small genitalia, see a physician for help; don't try to compensate by shining bright lights into innocent peoples' eyes. Trust me, we do NOT give respect for that, and it's a dandy way to lose teeth...or your life or freedom if you cause a wreck as a result of illegal and hazardous lighting.

hm... it shouldnt be too hard if you were able to get a wiring layout for it...

i love that my ST has High/Fogs esp when i take the back roads that are just black

ill really love it when i get my HIDs for dual beams and fogs haha

"let there be light!":banana:

I didn't know if anyone has done this with the Gen 2 ST's, it should be the same for the Mountaineer. I do love the fog lights with high beams. I saw on the Explorer website that someone said to just rewire the fogs on a new switch, that does not sound like a good option, the Gen 1's were so easy to do, this might just might be more difficult.

is the 07 the same as the 03? I did this on my 03 and it worked perfectly;

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/projects.asp?VIEW=256&WRENCHES=2&PageHeader=

My '07 has a feature that turns on the fog lights (and others) when I use the remote to unlock the doors. There's a timer circuit that turns it off after a minute or so. I'd be very, very careful to make sure that tying the fog lights to the high beams doesn't send power back to this circuit.

As always, be mindful of state motor vehicle laws. I believe this is illegal in NJ and won't pass inspection. Also, when i am responding to the building (I am a volunteer EMT) I like the Wig-Wag effect of flashing my brights with my fogs on. It really helps get the attention of other drivers.

2cts

Latest posts