Fog lights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam Worrell

Reaction score
I need to get fog lights on my ST but I have noticed that there is no existing harness on the ST for them. They orginally did not come with the ST so do I have to run the whole harness or can I tie into the either the marker lights or the head light harness or do I need to just wire a whole new harness? Also there are so many different lights I'm not sure what's good or what will fit the ST. Anybody have any Ideas?

You'll probably have to wire them on a separate switch. If you tie them into your headlights then they will be on whenever you have your headlights on. If you put them on your side markers they will blink whenever you have your blinker on. Some people on here have got a fog light switch and cut a hole in there radio bezel. I'm not sure how they did it you'll hace to ask around about that.

FWIW, you can get OEM style lights on ebay. They will bolt into the existing mounting holes and all you would need to do is make yourself a wiring harness.

My brothers 1999 Explorer does not have fog lights. His bumper has all the mounting points for OEM style fog lights, the same as our 2000 Explorer.

It does not have any wiring for the fog lights. He would have to build them himself.

Tom

We installed a set into Paul's truck,

Tom is correct, the OEM lights will mount right in there...

use a hole saw and drill the bumper, Just need a switch and some wire.... OR you can hook them to be triggered through a relay on to the low head light wire.....

I think it took us about 2 hours start to finish...

Todd Z

I added OEM foglights on my '01. they bolted right up to existing holes. i also bought wiring harness from pepboys (don't remember the part number) but they do have it there.

mat

Latest posts