Fogged windshield

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve cybell

Reaction score
I purchased my ST used in spring of this year. I did not use the defroster or heater much untill now. Morning are starting out a little cool and damp so I like to touch the heat a bit. The problem is, when I click it on, the windshield fogs up to the point where I need to pull over!

It does not matter wether it is set to defrost only or the mix position (legs and windshield)

The temp is roughly at the 12 o'clock position. Cranking the fan and temp clears it but it gets to be a hastle every time I turn on the heater/defrosters.

Any thoughts??

Condensation in the HVAC system. It is not a heater core leak. It happens. What can be done to prevent it? Dry your system before shuting the vehicle down. Turn off you AC. Run the fan only in the "Vent" position. Do dry it out while on the other setings. The AC compressor runs in that position.

Tom

I love when mine fogs up when I put the heat on the floor...LOL...

But there is no leak just the hot and cold mixing and fogging it up...

Todd Z

was going to ask the same question as mine did this on thursday

was also thinking heater core problem and im glad to hear

its normal.

Thanks for the responses. I do not think it is a leaking core only becasue I went trhough that on an old Saab 900 I used to have. There is not the "sweet" taste in the air nor the coolant loss.

I did notice that the compressor was running last week because of the water dripping from it after I shut off the truck. With other vehicals I have owned, there always was some method, a button or switch to turn off the AC compressor. It sounds like I just have to remember to switch over to the Vent position when I'm 5 minutes from tunring the truck off.