Follow up (sound clips) - RE: Exhaust 101 (STA) . . . .

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinbakon

Reaction score
Finally:

I got my exhaust installed!!!

Check out my library folder "MagnaFlow"

The file name describes the sound.

I didn't have my camera with me @ the time,

but I'll get photos the next time its on the lift.

I couldn't be happier :wub::lol::wub::lol::wub::lol:

As far as the tone/pitch that I wanted:

Perfect!

As for the volume:

My initial reaction was that it was a little quieter than I thought it would be.

Now that I've been driving it for a few days, it's actually a little louder than I expected . . . . go figure.

IMO though, the cabin noise is just the right level (you can hear it without it drowning out the radio).

Performance:

Supposedly the exhaust shouldn't add more than a few HP,

but IMHO, I immediately noticed slightly more get-up @ take-off as well as @ different speeds.

Total out the door price:

$170 ($70 Exhaust + $100 Remove/Install)

Time to install:

<30 minutes

Thanks & Yes.

The MagnaFlow kit (16679) uses a 5"x8"x22", 2.5" offset & 2.5" offset muffler & since it doesn't work with the STA, I went with the same dimensioned stand-alone muffler (14236) and resonator delete.

Thanks to a little guidance from some of you on this site, I got what I was looking for (or listening for) without first making a mistake or two.

Psycareyo: Sound familiar? :)

lol! Gratz man! I KNEW you would love the sound! I think it brings the whole Adrenalin package to life. It looks badass and now it sounds bad ass! Wouldn't mind a supercharger but I don't think I need that temptation on a daily basis lol.

Glad you're happy man! You put in the research and now you can sit back and enjoy!

Latest posts