Fond Farewell

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Martin

Reaction score
After six years and 54,000 miles (bought her with 9455 on the clock), I bid a fond farewell to my 2004 ST. My Dad's no longer driving and has an almost-new 09 Fusion with super low miles, full bumper to bumper till 2014; and due to health conditions he can't climb into the ST so I will take over his Fusion for him and drive him where he needs to go. The ONLY reason I'm getting rid of my ST.

Luckily, a kind waitress at his favorite eatery just blew her engine in her Kia, and her husband's looking for a truck to do construction work on the side, so new "parents" were found. Never even had to advertise it and got what I wanted ($7,000). No issue with the Salvage title either. Glad she's going to good folks who need her and will use her. They couldn't believe the condition the truck is in.

I will miss the 4X4 in the winter, throwing whatever I want into the bed, and not worrying about some idiot rear ending me (gonna miss metal bumpers for sure).

Sad they discontinued the ST from Ford. I have my wife's 2011 Explorer to get around in heavy snow, but it won't be the ST (which was unbelievable in the snow). Someday I hope to "upgrade" to a new F150 with the EcoBoost (not for a few years until they iron out any issues (and I save up a big down payment). If I come across a Second Generation ST at a great price, who knows.

Enjoy your Tracs. I already miss mine and I don't "deliver" it until tomorrow.

Mad Mike in NJ

Mike looking at your pics, they got a GREAT deal. My 2004 was just totaled by getting rear ended, took a good hit but parts were to high. I just bought a Gen 2 2007. Good luck with all.

Sorry to hear that. Glad it's going to worthy new owners. My parents just got a Fusion a couple months ago and I was impressed.

Latest posts