Forced Induction

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
http://www.candmnovelties.com/pages/page3.htm

Find this kit online, was wondering if anyone else has looked at it yet. Im thinking about ordering it and trying it out. I will let you guys know how it does once I get it on when I order it but what does everyone else think?

That's the kit made by Ron Caster. He's a member (RPCaster, I believe) over on RangerPowerSports.com and has been making that kit for several years now. By letting you source your own blower on ebay or a junkyard he's taken a lot of work off himself and allows you to save some money. It also keeps him from having to warranty the blower itself, which is a very smart move for the small number of these kits he does.

I know several people on the Ranger board are using that kit and have good results with it. I was considering it, but haven't really checked into the differences in our motors to see if anything else needs changed or modified. There was also a complete setup with the blower for sale on TheRangerStation.com, not sure if its still there or not.

What I have checked and talked with him about, there is no major differences. So Im waiting for him to get some parts in and I will hopefully have it soon so then I can install it and find out how its going to work. Its alot cheaper that the other kits I will give it that. Ron seems to be a real nice guys as well.

Sounds good, keep the boost reasonable (4-6lbs), keep your fuel pressure up and injectors healthy, monitor your spark plugs and GET A GOOD DYNO TUNE, you should be OK as long as your motor is in good shape to begin with.

Yea mine is so far as what I can tell I keep mobil 1 full synthetic in it. Havent had any problems with it. Im planning on using the stock pulley. Thats one thing Im thinking about changing when I do the install is the plugs with new ones. What do you guys think?

Absolutely! Put a new set in and have the truck tuned ASAP. After the tune, check the plugs in a few hundred miles. If OK, check them again in a few thousand. After that, I'd change them every 10K or so. You might need to step down a heat range or two to help prevent detonation.

Most members here agree to run only Motorcraft plugs in our motors, and that's what I currently run, but I'm not S/C'd. I ran NGK's in my old OHV 4.0 when I had my Paxton centrifugal S/C on it and had no problems though.

keep me updated on this. i will be buying his kit too soon but probably not before you. i've seen pics of this kit using a water cooled intercooler. wicked.

Well Im trying to figure out what type of plugs to get. Any help would be greatful. I was looking at the NGK iridiums part num. 3689 TR6IX. Are these good or are they 2 ranges colder than stock. Some help would be appreciated!

Latest posts