Ford Explorer Dome Light

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil omahony

Reaction score
I have recently bought a 1999 Ford Explorer and have a problem with the interior dome/map light. The unit has two bulbs that are held in place by a twist and lock bulb holder (it is stamped with the maker Stanley). There is only one of these holders so only one side of the light works. I ave tried the Stanley website and UK Ford have been no help at all.

If anyone can help then I will be very greatful as the nights are drawing in and interior lights would be good!!!

Many thanks

phil

It's bloody well good to hear from another chap on the other side of the pond, right!

Am I to take it since you 'ave two lamps, one of the holders is either broken or

amiss?

We'll try to work on this for you, 'eh! As there are many good blokes here just waitin'

to get our noggins picked!

Welcome, Phil!:)

if you are missing the bulb holder that you have to twist into place the best thing you could do is go to a wreckers or salvage yard and find a new one

Thanks for getting back to me.

Here are some pics of the bulb and holder.[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

I have tried car breakers but there are very few Explorers broken up in the UK.

Is this a standard Ford part that any of you have seen before?

Thanks again

phil

I'm guessin', by your pictures, that your bulb has broken loose from it's socket, rightaway?

Looks right like that is what has happened?! You should be able to buy a replacement

bulb and socket through a local Auto Parts Shelver, thereabouts!

This should fix your problem!

By the By,

What is Petrol going for, per a Litre there, anyway?

hi

the part i need is the grey part the bulb pushes into this bit. there are supposed to be two in the light but one is missing, probably lost by a previous owner. I have tried off the shel stores but have had no luck.

petrol is about 95p a litre about $1.80.

it has been up to £1.20 in some places in the past months thats about $2.27

makes running the explorer quite pricey!!!!

thanks

phil