Ford Factory Bumper/Skirting Info...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
I went yesterday to see how much the smooth cladding, front and rear bumper covers would cost me instead of sanding mine down....

To my amazement they only show 1 type for all of these items. No smooth or textured ones. I would assume these come textured and I would have to sand them down anyways?? I just found it kind of strange, because i dont see Ford sanding down bumpers before paint on XLT/Adrenaline models...

Any comments? Anyone know why this would be?

Thanks.

I just did 4-5 coats of paint, Took all the texture out.....

[Broken External Image]:

Yeah I suppose a nice High Build Primer and a few extra coats of paint will cover up the texture... thanks guys...

Next question ;) I have a tear on my rear bumper, its small, looked like the previous owner had it snagged on something and drove away or something like that..... The new rear bumper cover is 2x more of the cost of the front bumper cover ($685.00+PAINT (Canadian)) And this little tear is the only problem with it, so obviously im not really wanting to pay that kind of money to fix somethign this small... What would I use to patch this up? Fiberglass?

Thanks again!

Awesome. Ill have to find some... The rear step pads I bought from 23ballistic will be here on friday and I wanna mount those suckers after I paint the cladding...

Thanks so much.