Ford Makes A Bold Move

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrainTrac

Reaction score
Ford Motor withdraws from climate change group

by David Freddoso

Online Opinion Editor

The National Center for Public Policy Research is claiming a scalp today after Ford Motor Co. formally withdrew from the liberal U.S. Climate Action Partnership. The conservative non-profit announces today that Ford has withdrawn from the organization, which uses corporate support form management to work against shareholders' interests by promoting a cap-and-trade framework for carbon emissions.

Ford CEO Alan Mullaly committed to reconsidering his company's membership in USCAP after being pressed on the matter publicly at the company's 2011 stockholder meeting and in subsequent private conversation by the National Center for Public Policy Research's David A. Ridenour.

"We congratulate Alan Mulally not only for keeping his word to review Ford's membership in USCAP, but for making the right decision by withdrawing. The regulations USCAP seeks would prove costly to the auto industry and jeopardize the recovery while still in its infancy," said David Ridenour, President of the National Center for Public Policy Research. "By withdrawing from the group, Mulally demonstrated the same kind of sound judgment that enabled Ford to be the only major U.S. auto company to avoid government-sponsored bankruptcy protection."

Ridenour and the National Center for Public Policy Research are Ford shareholders.

Just make great vehicles. Stay out of politics. Smart.:supercool:

Makes me proud to be a Ford owner.

Ridenour and the National Center for Public Policy Research are Ford shareholders.

I wish I were a Ford shareholder along with them and had bought my shares back when they went for just a few cents :grin:

I bought a bunch of Ford stock at 2.60 and some more at 5.00. :grin:

Excellent move. The Laborers International Union pulled out of this or some other Greenie partnership as well.

Latest posts