FORD RANGER LIFT on Sport Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Ricker

Reaction score
Hey, I was told that it is possible to buy a lift kit for a ford ranger and customize it to fit a ST. It would be much cheaper to buy a kit for a ranger. Does anyone know anything about this? Or does anyone know how to get a cheap 4' lift kit for a ST.

Jack

A cheap lift would be about 1 1/2" TT/Shackle and a 3" body lift for a total of 4 1/2 inches. Get some 33" tires and you got another 1", or so, of lift. Now you are looking at 5 1/2 to 6" of lift.

Tom

Remember you get what you pay for some times too....

Cheep is not always btter... Especially if it is a major component of the truck..

Todd Z

Todd,

Would you agree it would be better for someone to lift using the ideas I listed above vs. modifing something made for something else?

Tom

yeah, that was my point....

I don't like it when people look for the cheapest thing they can do, and then when it breaks they complain about it...

Why take a ranger part, modify it to fit, when you can do it that way, or get a super lift kit that is correct for the truck..

Todd Z

The answer is yes you can. There is a member that modified a 5" suspension lift and it looks great. I think it was an RDS lift if I recall correctly

The front end is the same as a 98+ Ranger. You'll have to work up something different for the rear. Rangers are sprung-over, so a cheap lift block will lift the rear. Sport Tracs are sprung-under, so to get 4" in the rear you need new springs. This is why the 4" Superlift kit for Explorers and Tracs costs more than the Ranger kit, it comes with new rear springs.

For a cheap 4", do what Caymen said....3" body lift, TT & shackles.

^correction, they are the same as a 01+ edge (if 2wd) or 98+ 4x4 (if 4x4)

a 98+ ranger 4x4 lift will "work" with a 01+ 4x4 trac

a 01+ edge ranger lift will "work" with a 01+ 2wd trac

for the rear, you can get new leafs, shackle, and AALs

If you are referring to the RCD Ranger Kit, then that isn’t cheap. You can check my pictures library and see what it looks like and email me if you want an install and modification break down.

If you want to lift the ST on a budget then I would go with what Caymen suggested.

The only kit worth modifying to fit the ST is the RCD kit. The only drawback is you have to use smaller ranger brake rotors.

Chad