Ford Sport Trac Lower Rear Cross Floor Bar ??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you mean this one?

Interesting concept, but the product description really doesn't tell you much.

Is this for a Gen 1 or 2?

Would help in stiffening the frame ever so little......

But since the ST has the cross brace for the Tranny mount, This would do nothing to help..

ALSO it is a UNIVERSAL fit... It is not a direct bolt on..

Todd Z

Seems like BS to me. I am not a Sport Trac guru here, kinda new to its world, but aren't all sport tracks body on frame? If so how is "The bar is mounted on the floor between the front and rear seats." going to stiffen up the chassis? Would seem more fuctional mounted underneath the floor on the frame rails. Even there a cross bar will not do anything for lateral flex of the suspension. Some frame stiffeners or an "x" brace may help.

Also, "This product is used by all professional drift racers. " How many Sport Tracs are out there drifiting? "The overall suspension and handling will increase by 15%" How do you calculate this number?

I am sure he has sold some and seems nice for the I drove through Pep Boys with a magnet showcar.

JMHO

Agree with above posts, it might work in a uni-body vehicle, but the ST is far from being unibody. Drop some braces between the frame rails if you want to stiffen it up.