Quantcast

Ford Tonneau lock plug

Help Support SportTrac.org:

Mike Koselansky

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
Reaction score
Does any one know the part number and where to get the oval rubber plug that covers the key lock on the Ford Tonneau hard cover?

Richard L

1st Gen Owner
Reaction score
Common problem...The rubber tether strap breaks and eventually you lose the plug.

The tethered plug is part of the oval lock housing and is not sold separately. You must get a whole assembly and then must remove lock mechanism from the underside before you can remove the lock cylinder and oval rubber housing together.

Don't know the part number but you will need the whole rubber plug and housing assembly.

...Rich

Yardsale

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
4 Wheel Drive
Reaction score
1L5Z-99402A36-AA (from <a href="https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=414403" target=_blank>Explorer Forum</a>).

Be prepared for sticker shock.

... must remove lock mechanism from the underside before ...

I know it's not intended to, but don't let this scare you - it's an easy R&R. Once, my bouncing ice-chest did it for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dads Tractors

Reaction score
I just ordered a new one on ebay for $60 shipped. A bit cheaper but still terrible. More are availabe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I have the male and female lock cover from a tonneau cover I used on another vehicle, I also have the dummy front plug. I would like $55 for all, and I will include shipping to the lower 48. I don't seem to be able to upload a pic to this site, email me and I'll send a pic. mibracedude@gmail.com

Reaction score
I have the male and female lock cover from a tonneau cover I used on another vehicle, I also have the dummy front plug. I would like $55 for all, and I will include shipping to the lower 48. I don't seem to be able to upload a pic to this site, email me and I'll send a pic. mibracedude@gmail.com

Finious

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
4 Wheel Drive
Reaction score
I have a few parts available for a Gen 1 tonneau cover. PM me and I'll send pics

Bryan g

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
Reaction score
What parts do you have? Mine isn’t operational so I’m looking for some answers.

Finious

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
4 Wheel Drive
Reaction score
What parts do you have? Mine isn’t operational so I’m looking for some answers.
I have all the rubber parts, couple of spare locks, rubber oval covers. What do you need?