Frame Swap

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yomojyomo

Reaction score
I was able get some photos from the body shop that did the frame swap on the 2007 ST Limited I recently purchased. I am not very mechanical so I found the pictures interesting and thought I'd share.

2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

The swap was due to rust. the body guy said the Frame looked more like a C channel than a boxed frame.

6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg

The "new" frame was sandblasted and powder coated.
12.jpg13.jpg

And Finally reassembly

15.jpg16.jpg17.jpg18.jpg19.jpg

Frame and a few rusted suspension parts were minimal. body guy said 100+ hrs of labor.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 94
i bet it will ride way more sound and smoother, what was the total they charged for job?

wow not as bad as i was thinking is that including the frame etc.

WOW, first of all, came back together looking SUPER SMEXY! :) I'd have had no idea that a frame could be that rusted, and still hold together!!!

Your's is a clone of mine, and DAMN, do they ever look good from the back 3/4 angle. I just HATE that mine looks so meh from the front 1/4 of the vehicle. I can't wait to get the wheels/tires I want. I really hope that'll change the overall look. That's just mine, by the way. Yours looks smexy all the way around. :)

Latest posts