Front Anti-Sway Bar Bushing and Bracket

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yardsale

Reaction score
I purchased Energy Suspension bushings and brackets with grease fittings. The ES bushings are about ¼” narrower than the stock bushing and the brackets are about ½” narrower than stock. The ES brackets are thicker than the stock brackets (about 3/32” v. 1/16”). The Stock bushing is thinner that the ES (about 20%).

I am wondering about the support strength and performance of the ES setup. I believe that the majority of the force is up and down and not inclined to leverage the brackets, so the ES setup should be fine, but I still wonder of the wider base of the stock setup is stronger and more supportive. A thinner bushing may perform better in that there is less bushing to compress and they will com to full compression with less force.

I may be a bit overly critical here, if so, provide some sanity (please).

I can always drill and thread the stock brackets and add a grease fitting, but if there is no appreciable difference between the two setups, I can simply replace the stock with the new in 20 minutes.

Thanks.

I have them on my front. I have not gotten around to modding my factory brackets..

They have held up fine so far...

This is the EXACT reason i make the rear sway bar brackets out of the OEM bracket. The aftermarket ones are not as strong...

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

Hey Todd,

I did the rear mod last weekend - easy and good. Where did you get the caps for the fittings?

I don't know why, but the front factory bracket is made from thinner material than those on the back. I'll speculate that they have a wider base and distribute the load over a larger area, so they can be thinner.

I'm not really concerned that the ES bracket will fail, my concern is purely performance. I'd suspect more torque flex in a narrower bracket. Maybe not though.

Yardsale, I have had the fronts for 2 years now, I have no issues with them...

The covers I got from the distributor that I get my stainless fittings from for the brackets. You have to buy a box of 100......

If you want to, send me self addressed stamped envelope and I will be willing to let some go to you..??

Todd Z

Here are the fronts

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator: