Front end squeak noise!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffsk8r6

07 sport trac limited
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
So I have 07 sport trac limited, it was making a squeakish and grinding noise plus the axle boot was broke on one side and everything was stock. I have just replaced axles, hub assembly, inner and outer tie rods, sway bar end links, sway bar bushing’s, upper control arms, lower ball joints, and put new tires on it with an alignment. Everything is perfect on it but the only issue is when you are turning right there is what sounds like a squeaky noise coming from the driver side but doesn’t do it when turning left. What could be making the noise I have replaced everything up there I can think of besides the rack and pinion and the bushings on lower control arms that attach to frame.

WhiteLithiumSpray works as well. Spray one component then drive it, before spaying the next, so to tell the difference which part is the source of the sqeek.

These trucks go through ball joints like crazy for some reason. I have 203K on my 2002. Since original, have replaced twice.

Parts today SUCK !!

Could the tire or break be rubbing on something? Look for scuff marks both sides.
Ed

I have sprayed all bushing one by one and drove it after each one was sprayed nothing changed. It’s only when I make a right turn tho it’s frustrating
Is while actually turning the wheel to the right to initiate the turn? Does it still make the noise while driving through the turn until you begin to move back to center/left?

If not for the grinding i would say maybe bushing but grinding indicates something moving, i agree with ed maybe in brakes since axles are new. the axle would of been my first thought,, hope ya get it figured out.

Latest posts