front hubs...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Donaldson

Reaction score
I have another question for the ford experts out there... I have acquired a front axle from what I assume to be a 96 explorer and I believe the hubs are mechanical and that the attached wires are for the abs sensors. Do you guys think I plug the new abs sensors into the 4x2 abs system it will freak out... or will it just be obliviously content? I know i have some research I should do but I thought I would just the resident ford nuts on one of my favorite web sites :D... also dose anyone know of an easy way of finding out if the hubs are electric or mechanical. I have looked them over and I am almost completly positive that they are mechanical and the wire leads are abs sensors but I have made stupider assumptions before. I am really hoping that they are mechanical:rolleyes:.

Any help much appreciated...

-Don D.

If the ring size and spacing on the teeth is the same it should work, IF not it will read a different wheel speed......

Todd Z