Front or rear sway bar upgrade first?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brett Wustman

Reaction score
I am taking a break from my homework, and looking at things to upgrade on the ST.

I am looking for people's opinions on which sway bar would make more of a difference, the front or rear? I think I remember hearing people upgrading the rear with the EE sway bar and putting new Moog links on the front, but I can't find the post.

Brett

If your going to upgrade the Front, the new bar comes with new end links any way...

I would say upgrade the Rear first, the the front...

Todd Z

You want to do the rear first. It will make the most difference. I also thought I read in one post that you have to do the rear first.

I have done both bars. The rear bar is an absolute must. I would not put the front bar in that category. I would do the moog replacement ends up front and save the front bar for a later time.

To confirm what others said. A larger front bar is dangerous without a larger rear bar. You should replace the rear bar first, then the front if you decide to get one.

Tom

Latest posts