front suspension noise

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I resently bought a 2001 ST. I am very please with it except for a constant rubbing like noise from the left front end. Could this be the vibration that is common for these vehicles? My first guess would have been that it is the bearings.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.:unsure

Mine is a 4x4. I have not tried spinning the tire by hand. That is a good idea. I will give it a try this weekend. The ford dealer told me there is nothing wrong and that this is normal for this year truck, but that just doesn't sound right.

Try greasing your front sway bar bushings. If it is them, if you bounce the front end / rock the driver's side you would hear it. Do this from outside the truck while it is in park and turned off please, like you're testing shocks.

If you don't have time to grease, get a can of dura-lube spray, or liquid wrench and douse them, work the steering wheel left and right, douse, drive around the block douse.

If the bushings are dry, this may fix it for a bit, but they'll need grease.

Be sure to spray/grease both sides or you'll have a major steering issue, which is just the other one binding more than the freshly lubed one.

Latest posts