Front Suspension parts identification / serious problem leaning = '04 SportTrac 175K mi.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully not side tracking this thread to much but I have been thinking of replacing my rear leafs with this product for awhile but keep having to fix other things first - has anyone tried them? In the old days I would have taken the springs to a spring shop and having them rearched and adding a leaf but does not seem like any places are doing that these days.... at least not here in California
Haven't done this LeafSpring upgrade just yet; waiting for usual summer family chaos to calm down.
Hopefully this fall\winter. Planning a BedOff restore of the RearEnd+Frame+LeafSprings+FuelPump....

Last edited:
Haven't needed to replace mine yet, but here's another popular source for aftermarket leaf springs. I've heard re-arching is effective, but a temporary fix. Add a leaf seemed popular for a while, but I don't hear of people doing it much any more. Always heard they really firmed up the ride. May want to look into the Monroe 58617 load assist coil shocks. Many have installed them with good results. Do a search, quite a few threads on EF about them. GL

Can't imagine the shipping cost for leaf springs. (See link below)
https://www.autoandtrucksprings.com/ford-ranger-ford-explorer-ford-bronco-bronco-ii-leaf-springs/
Shipping to me from the first company (ATS) for two rear leaf is $120 ‐ so just shy of $500 for the leaf springs to arrive at my door

Thanks @RR-sport trac. I imagine shipping to Hawaii would be MUCH higher, but mine still look strong with plenty of arch. Also helps to have 3 inch lowering blocks. LOL

Latest posts