Frost Orange DISCONTINUED

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Sabatinos

Reaction score
Well, FORD did it again. Get a successful product color what ever and then discontinue it. It seems 3 months into the 08 build cycle Frost Orange is discontinued and repalced with yet again another version of silver. Who thinks these things up? We now have 2 virtually identical silvers as choices. I guess Henry FOrd lives only the quote now should be you can have the sport trac in any color you want as long as it is silver or some other unexciting color.

The Orange made the choice for us of the ST.:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

I think the orange was always intended to be a limited-run colour. Both previous orange's were limited runs.

I agree, though, Ford has a boring colour palette for the ST. They almost seem to be pulling a BMW 7-series trick by providing only darker colours, and several shades of a few colours, but nothing really exciting.

Well I can't assume it was too successful since it's being discontinued. I have honestly never seen one in person and only seen like 3 in pictures, which were all on here.

I think your right when Ford has some eye popping colors such as Mandarin Gold, Frost Orange, Zinc Yellow, Calypso Blue etc. they make a limited production run. In my neck of the woods my Mandarin Gold Job 1 is a rare bird. Does any one know what the production numbers are for those limited run colors ?

John

Latest posts