fuel doors

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt T 2

Reaction score
I have looked everywhere to try to find a locking fuel door for my 02 Trac. Does anyone know if it is even possible to get one. I've tried numerous internet sites such as fourwheelparts and other sites like that, but no luck. I called my ford dealership and they only sell replacement parts for the originals. I'm starting to think that no one makes one for the Trac's, but hoping someone out there may know differently.

Thanks for any help

There have been news reports of people trying to pry open fuel doors on cars/trucks. I'd just go with a locking gas cap and save the chance of your trucks body getting all scratched up should someone try to pry your fuel door.

If you tank is locked, if they want your fuel bad enough, they will drill a hole in your tank and drain it that way.

Tom

We've had reports of kids going around and pouring junk down in people's tanks. I'm not all that fearful of someone trying to steal my gas as I am of some punk putting stuff into my tank as a prank.

Now, if I catch somebody drilling my tank, it will be the last tank they drill

Most tanks are plastic now, so I can see where they can use a drill to pop a hole in the tank or just remove/cut the filler hose.

There have been some news reports down in the DFW area where some have done this as well as those who are stealing the Cats.

Our site sponsor sells the locking gas caps, good price shipped to you....

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=1096383&REPLYCOUNT=11&sitename=mysporttrac

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts