fuel filter replacement HELP

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oscar Lopez

Reaction score
fuel filter replacement, tried to replace my fuel filter today. went out and bought the tool from Advanced auto parts to remove fuel lines.

removed both rear lines ok, but for the life of me I could not get the front line going to the engine off. what am I doing wrong?

I push the tool in and feel it hit the stop, I pull line back and I can feel the spring hit the stop.

the tool set that I got has about 6 tool in it. any help in this matter would be a great help. if anyone has a repair manual that could look this up for me let me know what sizes is the front line and what size are the two rear lines. thanks ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Your basically doing it correct. Just some lines don't come off too easily. We here at the site have found the metal tools over-all do a better job over the plastic tools.

Push the tool in, then the line and the tool in, (this seems to help release the spring fingers), then pull the line out..

will try agen tomorrow, i know i was doing it right it just did not want to come apart. and yes i was using the plastic tool. i will give it a chance tomorrow. thanks

Throw the plastic ones in the garbage. I have made it pretty clear on many different messages that the plastic ones are shit and aren't worth the energy it take to throw them away.

Do yourself a favor and get the right tool for the job.

Tom