Fuel Pump Driver Module ???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vegas Sporty

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
2001 Sport Trac manufacture date of 08/00 vin. # 1FMZU67E71UB57739
Has the non-loop fuel rail. Where is the Fuel Pump Driver Module? I have followed wires from PCM down right side of fire wall (nothing) entering under dash (nothing) and then exiting out under front seat(nothing) then along frame (nothing) passing a plug near the fuel filter then down near rear wheel (nothing) and across to tank (nothing). I don't see any module the wires are plugging into. Have search internet for a possible picture of diagram but nothing for my year. Could it be that the module is built into the PCM? Ford doesn't list as a part just the pump. There is no vacuum part connected to fuel rail. I have looked as suggested on this site for different years and similar fords (ex. explorer 4 door, sport, and pick-ups) still nothing. Other years seem to indicate pictures on a module but i'm not seeing it. Any suggestions or does someone really know where Ford hide this module?

I could be wrong. I thought all 2001 and 2002 tracs had a return loop pressure modulation.
Do you have a shrader-valve on the passenger fuel rail, at the fire wall end.?

The fuel pump is good indicator which system this truck has which I've replaced twice. The loop-system has two hose connections on top of pump and the non-loop has only one. As far as the fuel rail on one end is a shrader-valve on the other end is what is called a "fuel dampener". It has a vacuum hose connected to it. The fuel rail is fed by a supply line coming up on drivers side and down to frame to the first connection which is the fuel filter. Thanks

01 does not have a FPDM..... 04-05 and 07 and up does. whats the exact issue your having ??? did you test the inertia switch and its wiring?? common for it to melt at the switch and damage the switch.

Thanks info about FPDM. You asked about what are the issue(s)? Over the past years I've been experiencing what was diagnosed as a fuel pump but the last one (#2) I replaced myself. Unfortunately the same conditions of stalling unexpectedly raised again. So I began to replace everything that would unbolt over time on the engine hoping that would solve the issue. Still was stalling unexpectedly. This past month I replaced the PCM thinking something as sporadic of my problem was maybe this will finally solve the issue. Well so far so good it been a week now. However, as I was replacing the PCM while I was in there I'd might as well as clean the ground straps (two) connected to the fire wall. Read somewhere that could cause fuel pump issues of a bad ground. I'm going to look at the inertia switch noting its is bolted what looks like into the body. Another grounded part. Wondering if this new PCM solved my problem or has my issue been a faulty ground all along? Well see. Thanks

A ground could def do it, especially a computer ground..... Could have been the PCM loosing power the whole time...… This is why I love scan tools, Drive the vehicle plugged in and when it happens it logs the issue.... Saves tons of time and money.

The inertia switch is not grounded, just bolted, its only 2 wires, just a pass through switch., but check it out any way. ALSO the earlier STs did have computer plug corrosion and moisture issues.

Many thanks. Hopefully I've got this problem once and for all solved.

Latest posts