Fuel rail

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray Brown

Reaction score
The other day my st shut off on me. Couldn't get it started again. Had it towed home and the driver said it my be the fuel filter. I changed that and it still won't start. Reading the codes it says something about the fuel rail pressure sensor. Never heard of it. Has anyone heard of it? Where is it located and is it easy to change?

Last edited by a moderator:

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a problem a couple of months ago with my fuel shut off inertia switch located at the top of the passengers right foot. On long trips the wife is always shifting her feet around because her sciatica starts to bug her. I assume that is why the wiring was starting to pull out of the connector that goes into the inertia switch. You can first try pushing the button on top of it in and see if it starts, next try disconnecting the harness and putting a jumper wire into the harness and try starting engine again, make sure that red button on top has been pushed in again. :driving:

On the Gen 2 try the Fuel pump driver module above the spare tire on the rear frame...

Common issue.

Todd Z

Latest posts