Fuel shut off

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary DiPietroSr

Reaction score
My wife was volunteering at a bottle drive the other day and someone else in a sport trac was in the parking lot. The owner pulled out of the lot and stopped short, it stalled partly in the road. The woman couldn't get it started. After a while, a guy tried the fuel shut off button and it worked. I thought it was odd that the shut off tripped just by braking hard and turning the wheels. The guy told her by stopping hard, it made the gas slosh around in the tank, causing the trip. Happen to anyone else?

Gary,

It's happened to me few times also. Both times it was pulling into a shopping center parking lot here in Rocky Hill where the turn pitch is somewhat steep. My trac just shut down. I've always wondered why only there? I guess now I know.

Mike Fazzina

The shut-off is either behind the passenger side kick plate or up under the passenger side of the dash, right where my son's size 13's can bump it and shut it off while I'm driving down the highway.:angry:

I used to manage a sub shop and the kid that delivered in our ranger would pull in and often hit the curb... it would trip the fuel switch. After getting towed once, I got smart on the location so I could walk him through it on the phone (he wasn't the brightest crayon in the box and would forget what to do).

I had mine cut off on the highway once. My father was in the passanger seat and pushed his feet onto the mat which in turn pushed the panel, which then hit the switch. I took it to Ford and they said the switch was bad and replaced it....