Fuel Tank Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eugene Keith

Reaction score
I'm just bought a 2008 Sport Trac XLS and want to add a fuel tank to extend range, I travel quite a bit and work in disaster areas after hurricanes and floods. Does anyone sell an add-on tank that works with a sport trac and doesn't take the whole bed up?

Tractor Supply has a number of different size "transfer tanks" that might work for you. You can fill your Sport Trac or anything else with the contents of the tank.

I'm sure they do, but with our small bed, to not take the bed up, you may only be looking at a 2 Gal. tank.:D Just kidding, I think they do make different sizes of tanks. Do a google search.;)

Just some quick numbers, but with a bed size of 4 ft wide by 4.5 ft long by 2 ft deep, and with each cubit foot being equal to 7.48 gallons, then the bed will hold approx. 270 gallons if you use all of it. I would think a 50 gallon or 100 gallon tank wouldn't take up even half of the bed. There might be a wide, tall, thin tank that hugs the front wall that would work well.

You will lose your front storage bin, though.

edit: Don't get a 270 gallon tank, please! At 6 lbs per gallon (roughly), that's 1,620 lbs!

Last edited by a moderator: