FUNCTIONAL!! Hood Scoop and Louvers

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiveDeep 07

Reaction score
THIS PICTURE EXPLAINS ALL in which I have been bugging everyone about with the functional hood and side heat release fender louvers. I would love to have this hood and fender design and have it be FUNCTIONAL! The skirt and ground effects are ugly and look like crap! This hood and fenders are perfect! Please fill me in on ideas of how to do this or where to get it! Thanks again, Gary S.

Not sure when, but I really want it and can't wait to see its results! Does anyone have any ideas about the fender louvers I inquired about? Thanks, Gary

Gary, you could buy some vents and find a body shop to install them. I would recommend looking for fenders at a junk yard, finding a set of vents online that you like (I don't think the M3 style would look too good on the ST) and finding a body shop you trust to cut the fenders, mold them in, and paint them to match. It would be pricey, but very unique.

Do you have any numbers to junk yards around the area that you may know of having SportTrac's on the lot? Thanks for the reply!

My "ram air" parts are on the way. I bought an overclocking kit for a computer, it comes with 14" of strong, yet flexible, hose and has these little plastic fan-connectors on each side that would be perfect for screwing onto the front of the air box, and would allow you to mount on the grill too. I ordered 2, but I don't think I'll need more than 14". If anyone is interested, I'll post pics of how I ran the pipe and how good (or dumb) it looks. I simply MUST get more air for my little vacuum cleaner truck. ;)

I am using the fog light hole for a ram air setup.

When I installed my KKN filter I was to lazy to remove the stock filter box. I also reasoned that it would block some heat and water from the open filter design of the KKN.

I ran a 3" hose up from the fog light cutout, and left it loose around the air box silencer. I reasoned that most rain water would be driven along the outer edge of the hose and not the center. This "theoretically" would keep most water out of the air box area. Not sure but it seems reasonable....

It was a bit of a squeeze on the tube going past the headlight.

I figured that was needed to get the tornado vortex action going,,, just kidding.... hehe

At the very least I am providing cooler air to the intake. I have a plastic cup thing that fits over the inside of the silencer, I use this when off roading in water...

Hope this helps...

KatManT