Funky coolant in moderate-mile Gen2 V8...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Erickson

Reaction score
Hey, all...

A quick search didn't come back with any obvious recalls or TSBs, but I thought I'd post this up anyway.

I just bought a 2007 V8 4x4 with ~26k miles. I checked the coolant reservoir and it looks milky, and there's evidence of some brownish gunk in the tank (at upper levels, like it was floating).

Seems way too early in the truck's life to be seeing this. Anybody have any similar experience? TSBs on the issue?

Clearly it needs a flush and fill, but I'd rather have FoMoCo pay for it if possible.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Rich

And thats the coolant cap on the v8 right ???

Honestly I have seen this if people add the wrong coolant or from NORMAL issues....

The bottle comes out easily..... i would remove it... Wash it out.... fill with proper ford coolant and see how it goes..... IF the coolant in the radiator is good, then it is only the bottle edges and gunk..

Todd Z

Checked my coolant the other day when I was under the hood looking at my fluids. Still checked out ok and seemed a normal color, no strange smell or substances in there. Just about 58kon it and have had it since new. '07 V8 as well.

Just checked mine Saturday when I installed my new K&N CAI, looks good at 60k miles. Also a Gen2 v8 that I bought new.