Fuse location

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Barber

Reaction score
cannot find my owners manual, can someone tell me the location of the cig lighter fuse, also powers the OBD port, Thx.

Download your manual from here:

https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/owners_manuals/default.asp

Thx paul, that was the ticket, but a 10 amp fuse, not 20 at least in my trac, reason i asked was got a GPS for Xmas

garmin 260W, neat toy, plugged it in and the scangauge went nuts and died.

cig lighter shorted out, no power, cig lighter innards got fried, thank gawd for fuses.

need to replace the cig lighter Assembily complete:(

Thx for your help, B

Bill- Been looking for a while at the Garmin line. Narrowed it down to the 260W or WT (w/traffic) model. Would appreciate your feedback after some "break in" time.

Prices are amazing, compared to a year ago, particularly Amazon. Thanks Bro.

have the 260W, wife gave it to me as an xmas pres. $116.oo shipped from amazon.

is a neat tool, still in the learning curve, is very simple.

Kid thinks I am nuts, pop in an address around the hood, than go for a short drive, this thing tells you where to go, get there, click on home, tells you the best way home.

Am not a techie at all, but this thing is neat.

as I get older, and cannot find my way home, it will tell me how to get home:):banana:

Bill, my '03 has a 20A in it, and both the owners manual and my shop manual show the same. And I have an extra lighter assembly that is yours, if you want it.

I have a Garmin 265T (Traffic but not wide screen)

Got is pretty cheap last year. Love it.

Tom

How do ya'll rate the traffic service on these guys?

I'm a devout hater of GPS navigation, except in certain cases, but having one for Free lifetime traffic updates could earn one a spot in my ST, as who listens to the radio anymore, and the radio's traffic never was all that comprehensive anyhow.

(Disclaimer: GPS itself is cool, and having a map centered on your position so you can see if that side street does go anywhere after all is great, but people using the gps to essentially drive for them is not.)

I have the mio Moov 310 with traffic and Love it !!! We just bought Rachel's parents a Mio 400 !!

I like the traffic, BUT if you travel the main highways, the radio and flashing signs have you covered...

The traffic listens to the radio stations in the area and uses their reports to show you traffic areas...

Todd Z

socket shorted a couple yrs back,GPS holds a Charge for 4 hrs so I charge it in the bed outlet.

And TT, it is a 20 amp fuse.Thx.

Not much of a techie, but the GPS is a good tool, out of towners in for the holidays wanted to go shopping at the downtown mall.

Popped in the addy, showed them how to the get the return home feature, stuck it on the window with instructions not to leave it in the car.

Worked to perfection.

To me it is sorta spooky tho, the thing always knows where I am to within feet.

Got the Garmin 285 WT for Christmas, early :smile0015:

Downloaded the latest maps and I am astounded at the accuracy it has on new streets. Also found out the charge only holds about 3 hours, soooo, I will keep the unit plugged in on longer trips.

Really cool gadget. :banana:

Latest posts