Future Ford Models

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anupam Routh

Reaction score
Greetings! I read some where that many Ford models will not be in production in future. Does any one know which specific models will not be produced any more. There is a rumor that even Ford Crown Victoria may be discontinued. Many people in this group works in Ford company and have more intimate knowledge about Ford company than the reporters from Motor Trend/Truck Trend/Car Driver. I subscribe to all these three magazines. With thanks.

Well, this is what I have heard through the "Grapevine" in Terms of New Product:

2008 Model Year Brings these Newly Redesigned Models:

2008 Ford F-Series Super Duty (Major Reskin)

2008 Ford Escape & Escape Hybrid (Major Reskin)

2008 Ford Five Hundred (Facelift & 3.5 V6)

2008 Ford Freestyle (Facelift & 3.5 V6)

2008 Ford Focus (Major Reskin)

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Adrenalin (Just the Trim Level, No Performance V8, Not SVT)

2008 Ford E-Series (FaceLift)

2008 Mercury Mariner (Major Reskin)

2008 Mercury Montego (Facelift & 3.5 V6)

Discontiued after the 2007 Mode Year for the 2008 Model Year:

Ford Freestar

Mercury Monterey

For the 2009/2010 Model Year the Explorer and Mountaineer are "probably" going to become Crossovers, according to Rumors. The Explorer and Mountaineer are going to go from BOF to Unibody. The 2010 Explorer and Mountaineer are going to be built on the Five Hundred Platform (D3) and be FWD and 4WD (think Escape and Mariner) Offroad Capability and Towing will be sacrficed for better comfort and WAY BETTER Fuel Economy. This Set Up will replace the Freestyle and the current BOF Explorer and Mountaineer. As for the beloved Explorer Sport Trac, it will remain as it is as a BOF Vehicle, it will be repositioned as the Tough, Offroad, and Towing Worthy Explorer. So basically, the Sport Trac will finally break away from the rest of the Explorer Family, the Explorer and Mountaineer. Now don't take my Official Words on this but the new Explorer and Mountaineer MAY move to Chicago Assembly to be built along the Ford Five Hundred, Mercury Montego, and Lincoln MKS. The Sport Trac may move to the Dearborn Truck Plant.

This is just from what I have heard, nothing is set in stone. I can tell You more about the 2009 and 2010 Model Years later, if You want. But if anyone else wants to say something or anything??? Please do so. I've said too much. lol :D

Last edited by a moderator:
2008 F150 Facelift plus possible V10 and diesel option.

I would expect the F150 will get a version of the Hurricane V8 rather than a V10. I would also expect it to get a V6 diesel option.

blksn8k - the Hurricane name has been scrapped due to Katrina, it will now be called 'Boss' and there will be a V10 option.