Gas for $1.05 per gallon

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin

Reaction score
No joke.....

Dang it.....just filled up my truck @ 3.79 a gal......but don't think I'd be willing to sit in a mile and 1/2 line even at that price.

Lets see, if gas is $4.00/gallon and you buy 20 gallons, you are spending about $80.00.

If someone would sit in a mile and a half line for 4+ hours, if not longer, to buy gas at $1.05/gallon you are spending only $21.00, a savings of $59.00.

Here is the foolishness involved in those that waited in those long lines to "Save money on gas".

At saving about 60.00, but waiting 4 hours to get it, you could have worked 4 hours at $15.00/hr and made that money.

For me, those that waited in those lines are greedy and isn't very good at math.

It is like those idiots waiting 6 hours to buy a Papa Johns Pizza for 23 cents.

They really saved a bundle waiting for a cheap meal. Give me a break.

Tom

For me, those that waited in those lines are greedy and isn't very good at math.

What if it was someone's day off? Or a high school kid off for summer? Or if s/he made minimum wage (whatever it is now--about $6.15 in PA)? Even if their vehicle idled for two hours, chances are they didn't use more than $7.00 in gas.

For some, it's neither greed nor poor math. Of course, to go through that effort to save (what may be in the end) $10.00 is debatable. If someone told me I could pay $10.00 to sit on my ass, or go through that whole process, I'd probably pay the $10.00.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like the long gas lines back in the '70's, I used to carry an empty 10 gal container and just park down the street from the station and walk back and fill up with whatever pump wasn't being used. Only carried the container when I needed to go get gas someplace.

Some ppl waited for hrs and when they got up to the pumps, either they ran out or the station closed down for the day.

If we ever get back to those kind of days.....you might think of going and buying a larger container and do this instead of waiting in line. ;)

There was a BP station that did that here last week. 85 cents a gallon for the entire day. Lines out into the street. Nice news story but I can't see waiting in line if I don't have to.

The one thing about that station that I thought was great was that they are selling biodiesel for $3.20 a gallon.

Latest posts