Gas gauge

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Potterf

Reaction score
After filling my tank with $70.00 of gas I was driving down the road, my LOW FUEL light came on and my gauge was on empty???? I pulled over shut off the ST turned it back on and the gauge went up to full. Could this mean somthing is rong or nothing? Thanks Mark

Mine has done that twice, both temporary and seemingly harmless. Happened when I let the fuel level get lower than usual before fill-up. Some say the gauge mechanism in the tank is sensitive to some additives and that a good grade of concentrated fuel additive or seafoam seems to help. There is a recent thread on the subject. I wouldn't worry about it unless it happened again soon.

:driving:

You didn't turn the key to the "O F F" mode. While you might have turned off the engine(ACC mode), you never turned off the Sport Trac. The ECU still thought it only had a little bit of gas and continued as it would have. Once you turned the truck off, you reset the guage in the ECU and all was good.

I tested this theory once before.

Latest posts