Gas Mileage and Miles Per Tank

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreman

Reaction score
I was just reminded to turn in my gas receipts for the past three months, and picked up a few interesting facts...

My largest fillup was 22.89 gallons! (Almost had to walk there!)

My longest distance per tank was 455 miles.

My best mileage was 20.66mpg and worst was 17.32mpg.

I admit my driving is almost all freeway nowadays, but that's still not bad for 188k miles!

that is insane. i have beat 400 miles on a tank once about 2 years ago. i cant seem to even reach 350 miles now, although i do have flowmaster delta 40 series now, 115k miles, and a check engine light.

STILL! not fair

I used to get about 400 per tank before I got my Astro Camper Shell, but I've been getting 450-500 since getting it. No mods, '03 with 122k and 265 series tires. About half of my daily 22 mile commute is better than 55 mph.

I usually get around 360 per tank.

My regular gas station switched to gasohol without my knowing it. I filled up as usual. I notice the gas guage going toward empty a little quicker than normal. I was sucking fumes as 260 miles!

What a difference a little alcohol makes!!

I switched stations to get the REAL stuff.

[Broken External Image]:

Running regular 87 octane, I have consistently gotten 400-420 miles per tank out of my 05 ST.~75% of my daily miles are @ highway speeds with the other ~25% in city traffic. By tank, I mean when or shortly after the low light illuminates. Fillups are usually ~20gals after those 400-420 miles.

Only time I've gotten lower is when I used E-85. And then, I barely made 280 miles before fillup.

I normally never fill up with out hitting the 400 mile mark. Best gas mpg I ever got was 25, I was pretty happy that day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Psssst. Guess you guys didn't read about the "Neo Socket" from two posts earlier. :lol:

(Snake Oil)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't depend on the light to let me know when to add gas to the tank. If it comes on it means I need to find gas RIGHT NOW, because the gauge is past empty.

I think it depends on where you get gas from as well, not just stations, but States. On my 4 trips to Michigan, I have gotten better mileage w/ gas there than MN or WI gas.

93 F-150 get at best 14/15mpg in MN, in the U.P. I got 20 miles to the gallon.

Wifes 93 Saturn got 30mpg in MN, got a little over 40mpg with MI gas.

More recently the ST

with an empty trailer, I got 17 mpg on MN gas, 18.5mpg w/ MI gas

Loaded Trailer, I got 18mpg with MI gas, 16.5 on WI gas

No Trailer, I tend to get 17-18 around MN, I got just under 21 w/ MI gas.

This has happened every trip to MI, not just one occasion. I wish I could import some MI gas for my daily consumption.