GAS MILEAGE

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what everyone gets... give or take a couple MPG.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have a V6 or V8? 4X4 or not? My ST gets 13-15 around town. On the highway I usually get 21-24.5 MPG depending on the load, terrain, wind etc.

f5d4669d0c16900985825740e5fd5f85.jpg

Last edited:
Change your driving habits..... ALSO

Do the calculations your self. the Computer is not that 100% accurate.

and re set it monthly, it keeps all the old data.

Todd Z

Computer is not that 100% accurate.

Yes, mine was way off until I had an update to the computer, then it was right on the money. It was pretty consistent so after about 3 years I just quit even checking the MPG!

Check the mileage over more than one tank. Fill the tank. record the odometer mileage. Now for the next three weeks, record every gallon of gas added to the tank. End of week three fill the tank, add this to complete all the fuel added, also record the odometer. Now compute the miles driven in the three weeks. Divide this by the total gallons used.

I use this method on all my cars. My 2001 ST consistently gets 16 to 17. 4 X 4 with the V-6.

50 - 50 city and highway. I do not rely on the onboard computers for factual gas mileage. Trying to get an accurate number with one tank allows for error.

Hope this helps.

I average 18mpg driving 21K miles a year mixed hwy/town in my 2wd Adrenalin. 22-23 on open road trip. Keep mine in good tune, use AMSOIL exclusively in engine, transmission and differential. PM me if you want better from your ride.

Around town for work (truck idles a lot) I average 11mpg in my V6 4x4. Non work I average 14-16mpg. Highway average I get around 22mpg.

My mileage had dropped to 12 per gal I replaced plugs, wires, air filter etc finally paid for a fuel system cleaning and my mileage went up to 18+ per gallon.

Latest posts