Gas Mileage

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marsha marke

Reaction score
I just seen this advertised on our local news station, i guess not advertised but they did a piece on it. Has anyone seen this or had any experience with it, i was thinking about putting it on my trac, but wanted to check in here first....

http://www.hydro4000.com/default.htm

1200 bucks?! All the other sites, like water4gas, which are on this same subject talk about how you can build the device yourself from household materials.

1200 dollars and it doesn't even include installation :( Rip off.

Ok, their faq page says that their kit is superior because you do not have to use distilled water, but then it says that if you use non-distilled water, you void the warranty and break the device...

yeah, i just showed my husband and he asked about the price, i didnt realize 1200 until now.....but im just curious how well it would do on our tracs.

Does the "Brown's Gas" screw up the MAF readings or the sensor itself?

The only way I think that this system could work is that it makes the fuel burn more efficiently, so you have to press the pedal less to get greater power, which should give gains...and this is what their FAQ says. However their FAQ goes on to state that you need to hook some gizmo up to your maf circuit for "greater gains", and I'm a lot a bit iffy on that.

The systems themselves are public domain, and I thought about trying it out on my beater car, once I am done with things and can restore her (and get money to do so...time and money blow), but all the sites claim that the gas has to go in before the throttle body yet after the MAF, and my test car cannot do that, as the throttle body and MAF are all in the same metal housing :(

Latest posts