Gas Mileage

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldtimer

Reaction score
I just got back from a round trip from Houston to Nebraska. Going up I ran premium on premium performance turn and averaged 24 plus and on the way back I ran 87 regular on stock tune and got 23 plus average. No record setter, but not bad for vehicle that is supposed to be in the gas guzzler catagory. K&N intake Zabtech throttle body dual flowmasters 07 4.6.

Jim:D

oldtimer,

Sounds like a very good test and some very good mileage numbers. Have you calulated the actual difference in cost? Diid the extra 1 MPG justify the extra cost of the premium gas? After all, most people want better MPG because of the cost of a gallon of gas.

Since you pay more for a gallon of premium gas, did you really save any mone? I sounds like you may have saved a few cents per tankfull and had performance at your toes if you needed it. Of course, if you used the extra HP, you will pay a premium in MPG.

...Rich

I have an '07 with the V6. Last week I posted about my first 100 mile trip using all interstate, well, this past weekend I took a 1000 mile roundtrip vacation to Indiana (to see my Ball State Cardinals beat the tar out of Indiana University!!!!) Anywhow, on the way up I had my mother, two kids in the cab of the truck and I hauled my old washer and dryer up in the bed of the Trac and I averaged around 21 mpg. Coming back I just had my 2 kids in the truck and averaged around 23 mpg. I was extremely pleased, considering the different terrains, from the flat cornfields of Indiana through the mountains of Tennessee and NC. May be using my Trac for more long trips in the future!

BTW- I used 87 octane

I was curious about your duals. Would like to how you got the dual exhaust. Been hearing you can't. I'd like to do this to mine, if possible.

Mine is stock, and I can also get around 23 or so mpg on highway trips. Good to hear about yours, too.

the best that I have ever gotten was 25 and I was like YES!!but I average around 22. I try to keep the rpms between 2 and 2500 which seems to help the best.

Premium is scarce around Atlanta these days, and I get about 12 mpg. when I drive like an old lady. This sucks.